vrijdag 9 november 2012

You don't have to understand Russian to like this small reportage, made by Smolensk television Ren TV. World's Smallest Grande Armee and Freya getting slowly all the attention they don't need.

http://rentv-smolensk.ru/item_video.php?id=1451

We don't understand all of it ourselves, but I should be able to translate at least my own words. When asked where my interest in Napoleon and 1812 started and why I'm doing this trip, I talk of my wife's great-great-great-great-granduncle who came to Russia with Napoleon and actually survived the whole campaign. Sorry Tine for not mentioning your name nor that of your ancestor's brother (Joseph Van de Vel).
Then I tell the reporter that our carriage is far from ordinary, since we found it in the woods and actually believe it is Napoleon's Golden Carriage (the one generations of Russian treasure hunters have been looking after in Semlevo region, where we found it). This time I do mention the name we gave to the carriage, which is Freya. 
The man helping us to load Freya in his car is Yevgueni, at who'se house in Smolensk we are staying.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten